Monday 10 December 2012

CC32 Ideas - Friday Night Social

CC32's theme for the Friday Night Social is the "Monster's Club." Quote the web page: "a classy nightclub where monsters and creatures of all sorts go to let their hair down!" So, basically a mythological menagerie of fables, fantasy and faerie feasting upon tidbits, timbits and tapanade? Challenge accepted, Costume Con. Challenge accepted. For this? I see....


RAWR!!! Or, actually an amazing painting by Dan Staten
 That's right. Quetzalcoatl. Aztec Feathered Serpent God. Rain Bringer. Lots of good stuff. Perfect for a fun evening of music, fun and games, amirite? Thought so.

No, I don't intend on showing up in a large feathered snake costume. I would like to experience being able to sit down relatively easily for once in my cosplaying life. Instead, I see the theme being adapted to dance club wear. Bangles, Feathered jewelry, gold scales and snake print dresses. Classy, sassy and maybe a touch of 1920s flapper. Who knows? I don't even know at this point. What I do know is that I found two heavy gold scale bangles at The Bay, which are perfect.

Budget for Costume: $100.
Used: $20 on bangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment