Wednesday 5 June 2013

Hmm. Hm hm hm.

Okay.... so I'm getting some more concrete ideas on the T.A.R.D.I.S. dress. Channeling some Truly Victorian patterns. Not steampunk...not at all really. More romantic era....with bell epoch...and then something else entirely. It's becoming a total mash up of time periods, which considering, this is the T.A.R.D.I.S. we're discussing is in essence, perfect.

I think I've figured out how to incorperate the Pull to open sign without it being that white sqaure of doom just in the middle of the outfit. White and Black are very much there, as long as the imporant and vibrant blue isn't downplayed too much. I'll need a hoopskirt, because my crinoline might not have enough Poof....unless I get the ulimate poof crinoline for a more A-line effect. Still working on the top though...I think the pattern I've selected would work...but I'm not sure. And what to wear on the feet....do I go with the proper heels, and my own spats or revel in the glory that are converse shoes, as homage to the great 10th regeneration? ...which could also be worn with spats. Aaaaaaah, I can hear Valentino gnashing his teeth at my haute ideas.

I must make a mock up sheet and see how these idea pull together...not to mention yardage information. If I do end up using that desirable blue silk I need to know how much damage its going to do to my bank account.

And what shall I wear upon my head???

Ah, I love it when a plan comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment