Thursday 13 June 2013

Suddenly...fabric.

I went to Fabricland.

It was good.

.....

My Visa card cried.

Seriously, though. One must take advantage of the sales when one can.

I got Quetzie's pattern. I now understand why there is so much fabric involved. I didn't see a material I liked for it though, I will have to keep my eyes peeled. I also picked up some more of that black and white material I used for the spats. Now I have enough to make more accessories for future Crafter's Corners, and perhaps something for little ol' me.

And then, the silk. <3 My silk was there. My silk was also on sale, for cheaper than it would have been with the 50% off. Instead of the $19/m I would have paid at the 50% off price, it was on for $16/m. That extra three dollars comes in handy when you kill the whole bolt of fabric. I was worried there wasn't going to be enough. There was just enough. So I took it all. My silk. Mine.

(I clearly have a problem.)

So, now all 9.4 metres of the duponi and I have apparently committed to making a T.A.R.D.I.S. dress. Just in case I was having doubts before, I'm locked in now. Once I, y'know, finalize the design. My mom likes the design so far, but like me is iffy about the top. I'll have to do more research on that section. Also, keep my eyes peeled for the black and white fabric. I'll have to check a store that has more home decor fabrics, since I think that's where I'm likely to find that kind of stripe, but as the seasons rotate so does the stock.

So... yeah. Fantastic.

Now, I just have to update my cost spreadsheet for my supplies, and I might make one to control my spending for costume con. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment