Saturday 10 August 2013

Queen Street Successes

My fears of my Tardis dress design have been laid to rest.

Well, one of them.

I have having an issue trying to find a white and black stripe fabric. Not fancy, just black and white stripe, bold, around one inch in width. My first efforts and travels, found me nothing at all. However, armed with determination, the luck of a fellow Whovian, and filled with Korean BBQ, I made like Merida, and changed my fate.

As much, I was able to fine my fabric. 4 yards, cotton twill. Minimal stretchiness. *sign of relief placed here*

Of course, there are a million other pieces that must be acquired, but at least I have most of the major outside fabrics. Still need my petticoat materials, trimmings, yadda yadda, but the bold design materials are mine.

I was also able to get my headband I needed to finish my commissioned headband. I will try to finish that tomorrow.

And now I go to watch the meteor shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment