Thursday 31 January 2013

And.. I made my own day, today.

Really. You so rarely get to make such epically geeky moments in your life that makes you feel top shelf.

Dateline, January 31st. Sometime before 10 o'clock this morning. In summary.

Co-worker: So, I finally finished watching LOST.
Me: Oh good! Did you like it?
Co-Worker: Yes.
Me: Well, what did you think?
Co-worker: I have no idea what happened.
Me: You did it right. No one did.
Co-worker: It was fine with the flashbacks...and then the flashforwards.
Me: And then the flashsideways, and flashbacks that were more flashpresents?
Co-worker: Yeah,  I mean, did they like, all die? On the island?
Me: Eventually, sort of. It all happened, but didn't. It's like time slipped under itself.
Co-worker: Ahhh...?

And then, I realized with pefect clarity, that there was only one answer I could give. One answer that would explain it all. So, I grinned with all the power of my geekiness and said with all the pride and paraphrasing I could muster...

Me:  "People assume that time is just a linear progression of cause and effect. Bit it's really more of a great big ball of wibbley-wobbly timey-wimey stuff."

I then gracefully pivoted and took my exit to stage left patting myself on my own back for inserting my favourite line into a real conversation. For that moment, I was my own rockstar.

Now if you will excuse me, I have seams to stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment